Today was a treat day.. If you’re looking to try a healthy recipe check out the Energy Balls I made a few weeks!
I needed to celebrate William sleeping 12 hours straight last night! I think he had been going through his version of the “4-month-sleep-regression” the last few weeks as he had been waking up at night which he hasn’t done since he was a month old. The first few nights he would go back to sleep, but then a few days later he would need to be nursed during his wake ups.. It was tough! We had a few busy days where we weren’t home to do our bedtime routine and it really caught up to us. Last night we were able to go to bed at his normal time, his normal routine, he was asleep right away at 7:15, and slept right through until 7:15 this morning. It was lovely! I feel so rested, and the energy I had meant it was a day to bake!
I love baking brownies, but I decided to switch it up and try blondies. I also have 4 brown banana on my counter so what a great time to use them! I mean, we can’t let them go to waste, right? I found this recipe on Cookies and Cups.
They are so soft, and chewy, and have the yummiest brown butter frosting.
You start by mixing together the brown sugar and butter (on Cookies and Cups they recommend melted butter but I just used softened butter) in a stand mixer until combined.
You then add the egg, vanilla, flour, salt then banana until mixed well, and spread into an 8×8 dish.
I baked mine for about 35 minutes at 350º and then started on the frosting! In a sauce pan you melt butter, brown sugar, and milk(I used cream because we don’t have milk) and bring it to a boil. Add in the icing sugar once it’s cooled a little and spread on to the cool baked blondies. Yum! I’ll post the actual recipe from Cookies and Cups below.
Don’t they look awesome?
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 mashed banana (1 banana)
For the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º and prepare your 8×8 baking dish by lining with tin foil, and coconut oil.
- In a stand mixer, combine your softened butter and brown sugar.
- Once well combined, add in your egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in your flour, salt, and then banana, and continue mixing until smooth.
- Spread into your prepared dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- In a small sauce pain heat the butter, brown sugar, and milk until boiling. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add in your powdered sugar and stir until combined.
- Spread on top of cooled blondies and enjoy!
Any recommendations for some yummy blondie recipes? I’m open to anything!