DIY LIP BALM
I couldn’t help but share a recipe for making your own lip balm with only a few simple ingredients, and some essential oils of your choice!
*Disclaimer: Lindsaymaephotography.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.ca/Amazon.com. This means that I may get a small commission with no extra cost to you.*
- 10 drops of Essential Oils (I used lemon and lavender but it is personal preference!)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of bees wax
- 1 1/2 tbsp of shea butter
- In a double boiler, melt your coconut oil, shea butter, and bees wax.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add in your essential oils.
- Quickly mix together and pour into lip balm tubes (you can get those here https://amzn.to/3h49N4r )! If your mixture hardens then just put it back on the double boiler to soften again but ideally you shouldn’t heat up your oils so try to avoid this if possible!
In my recipe I didn’t add anything for colour but this is definitely doable, and can still be all natural!
You can add things such as cinnamon, cacao powder, beetroot powder.. Even using certain oils will change the colour, such as lemon making mine yellow!
Comment below if you’ve tried this recipe!